The White Lake Area Community Education Adult Education program serves residents of Muskegon and Oceana Counties. Classrooms are located at the Duck Creek Learning Center and Shelby MI Works office.
- High School Completion
- GED Preparation & Testing
- ABE Programming - for those adults looking to build skills in literacy and numeracy.
Contact the Duck Creek Learning Center at 231 766-3001
Class Locations & Hours
Duck Creek Learning Center
4600 N. Gibson Rd.
Muskegon, MI 49445
Shelby – Adult Education
51 3rd Street
Shelby, MI 49455
Class Schedules by Location
Duck Creek Learning Ctr.
Class times: 9:30am – 3:00pm
Class Days: Monday-Friday
Class times: 9:00am – 2:30pm
Class Days: Monday-Thursday
High School Completion
All Graduation candidates must successfully complete a minimum of 2 semester classes (1 full credit) with WLACE, in addition to all other adult high school credit requirements.
High School Credit: 1/2 Credit per Class
Diploma Issued: An accredited high school diploma
GED Preparation & Testing
(4) GED Tests: Language Arts Reading, Social Studies, Science, & Mathematics
GED Preparation & Testing Information
- The GED (General Equivalency Diploma) is the minimum educational credential accepted for entry into employment, vocational training and many colleges.
- The award of the GED certification is based on achieving a passing score on 4 tests, given in 4 subject areas: Reading, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies.
- WLACE’s GED preparation classes work to ensure testing success by exploring each of the areas tested and administering practice tests on a routine basis.
- Minimum testing age is 18 years (16 years with a signed age waiver form or court order).
- Admission to a testing session also requires prior registration, must show a picture ID from a governmental agency before testing and a completed demographic form. All GED testing will be conducted at the Duck Creek Learning Center.
- Tests are free to all WLACE students, or payment of $50.00 per test taken or $200 for the 4 tests for non-WLACE students.
GED Testing Site
Testing is scheduled as needed.
Student transcripts are available upon request. Contact Tara Nash at the Duck Creek Learning Center, (231) 766-3001.
WLACE offers transportation to all adult and alternative education students. Ask our enrollment specialists for more information.