The White Lake Area Community Education Adult Education program serves residents of Muskegon and Oceana Counties. Classrooms are located at the Duck Creek Learning Center, Shelby MI Works office and in Hart.
- High School Completion
- GED Preparation & Testing
- ABE Programming
- ESL Classes
Contact the Duck Creek Learning Center at 231 766-3001
Class Locations & Hours
Duck Creek Learning Center
4600 N. Gibson Rd.
Muskegon, MI 49445
Shelby – Adult Education
51 3rd Street
Shelby, MI 49455
Hart – Adult Education
United Methodist Church
308 S. State St.
Hart, MI. 49420
Class Schedules by Location
Duck Creek Learning Ctr.
Class times: 9:30am – 3:00pm
Class Days: Monday-Friday
Class times: 9:00pm – 2:00pm
Class Days: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
Class times: 9:00am – 2:30pm
Class Days: Monday-Thursday
High School Completion
All Graduation candidates must successfully complete a minimum of 2 semester classes (1 full credit) with WLACE, in addition to all other adult high school credit requirements.
High School Credit: 1/2 Credit per Class
Diploma Issued: An accredited high school diploma
GED Preparation & Testing
(4) GED Tests: Language Arts Reading, Social Studies, Science, & Mathematics
GED Preparation & Testing Information
- The GED (General Equivalency Diploma) is the minimum educational credential accepted for entry into employment, vocational training and many colleges.
- The award of the GED certification is based on achieving a passing score on 4 tests, given in 4 subject areas: Reading, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies.
- WLACE’s GED preparation classes work to ensure testing success by exploring each of the areas tested and administering practice tests on a routine basis.
- Minimum testing age is 18 years (16 years with a signed age waiver form or court order).
- Admission to a testing session also requires prior registration, must show a picture ID from a governmental agency before testing and a completed demographic form. All GED testing will be conducted at the Duck Creek Learning Center.
- Tests are free to all WLACE students, or payment of $50.00 per test taken or $200 for the 4 tests for non-WLACE students.
GED Testing Site
Testing is scheduled as needed.
Student transcripts are available upon request. Contact Barb Sarazen at the Duck Creek Learning Center, (231) 766-3001.
WLACE offers transportation to all adult and alternative education students. Ask our enrollment specialists for more information.